Sewing leather can be difficult at first try. But do you think you can manage to learn on your own without seeking for any help? Start learning as we teach you these 3 easy steps on how to make sewing leather your expertise.
Sewing Leather Made Easy and Fun
Sewing Leather In 3 Easy Steps | Start Today!
Leather and faux leather are becoming more and more popular these days! So if you want to delve deeper in sewing, why don’t you try your hand at sewing leather?
Leather is one of the most durable fashion pieces available. While leather items are also challenging to create because they’re thick and resistant. If you have the right tools, you’ll find that custom leather products are amazing and easy to create![amazon box=”B06XDMB7H5″]
Plus…we’ve got tips for you! So let’s get movin’ and start learning!
- Cut your leather to your desired size and shape. If you want to make a nice stitch equal in length, take your ruler and pen and mark the leather you’re going to work on. Measure a half inch or quarter of an inch.
- Thread your needle, tie a knot at the end, then sew the needle through the dots you have made. Got a heavier leather fabric? Your needle isn’t going through easily? Then make holes with an ice pick by placing a piece of wood under the fabric so you won’t damage your table. Put the ice pick on the marks you’ve made and get your holes done. So now you’ll find it easier to sew your leather.
- You can do different types of hand stitches like a running stitch. So make sure you take advantage of this!
- If you’re having a hard time getting your needle through when sewing fabric, then use a trusty thimble.
- You can also use a pair of heavy duty gloves so you can easily to push the needle through.
Want to find out how to hand stitch leather using a saddle stitch? Then watch this video by Chartermade:
There you have it! With this guide, hand sewing leather can be mastered in no time! So if you want to sew simple garments made of leather, you may want to take note and remember these basic steps and tips! Enjoy![amazon box=”B014549SNG”]
Are you willing to try sewing leather this winter? Let us know by leaving your comments below!
- What Is The Best Leather Sewing Machine For You
- 19 Fashionable Winter Clothing You Need To Sew For Your Family
- Captivating Cashmere: What You Need To Know | Sewing Secrets
We aim to feature the hottest trends in the sewing world, so get in touch if you can contribute! WRITE FOR US!
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published 0n November 14, 2019, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.